Please click Café menu for our latest menu.
|Tuesday||11 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday||11 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday||11 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Friday||11 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Saturday||11:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Monday & Sunday||Closed|
|See other ministries:|
|Support Beyond Vision|
|Dining Beyond Vision|
|Running Beyond Vision|
About JBVC Café
The JBVC Café at 105 Gibson Centre location (Address: 105 Gibson Drive Markham, ON L3R 3K7, Ph: 647-771-5282, Alt: 416-725-3269) is part of JBVC vocational training program. In partnership with 105 Gibson Centre, the Café focuses on personal “readiness”. It is a unique and meaningful employment and vocational training opportunities for those who live with visual impairment in our community.
With the support from Right-Hear, our Café location is now the first Café in Canada which is listed in the “Nearby Accessibility Zones” of “Right-Hear” app! “Right-Hear” provides voice orientation for visually impaired person (VIP) and the app can be downloaded in both Android and iOS for free. It allows users to know their current location, get 360° of space orientation by simply pointing the phone to a specific direction. You can learn more about “Right-Hear” and feel free to download the app and visit the Café to experience it! If God is willing, JBVC will have VIP to setup the system and install the beacon in other venue! It will be an employment opportunity for VIP! Feel free to contact us for more information!
JBVC believes that visually impaired person (VIP) could be trained to become skilled, educated and make significant contributions to our community if given the opportunity. Through the training, JBVC demonstrates to potential employers how VIP can be an asset to their workplace and visual impairment barriers can be overcome!
JBVC Café also has portable Café. That is the team brewing our award winning milk tea in different locations while sharing their experience and giving testimony of how barriers can overcome. We welcome church to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for opportunity to host portable Café event at their location.
Our mission is to help Visually Impaired People (VIP):
- Gain Independence
- Increase Confidence and Self-Worth
- Develop friendships
- Feel they are productive citizens, contributing to their community
JBVC Café will do:
- Hands-on experience in food preparation, customer service and business management;
- A supportive working and learning environment where visually impaired workers and sighted volunteers can work collaboratively;
- Community awareness of the skills and work potential of VIP;
- community networking that invites, encourages, re-connects and supports VIP who live in isolation, to participate in their community;
- A strong message to potential employers demonstrating that hiring VIP will enrich their workplace and that barriers can be overcome!
For general inquiries or to learn more about this ministry, please email to email@example.com
General Catering Policies
Products and Availability
JBVC Café reserves the right to substitute comparable products in the event of non-availability at time of event. Prices and availability are subject to change.
JBVC Café recommends placing your order as early as possible. While every effort is made to accommodate all catering requests, advanced notice of seven (7) days is required for all Drop and Go, Pick Up orders. Large groups may require more notice. Please call JBVC Café at (647) 771-5282 for more details. Last minute accommodations may be made at the discretion of JBVC Café. Additional fees may apply.
Guaranteed Minimum Guest Count & Time Duration
The fees and pricing quoted are estimates based on the client’s guaranteed minimum guest count and guaranteed time duration. If more guests are served or JBVC Café’s services are needed for additional time not included in the client’s estimated time duration, JBVC Café reserves the right to charge a fair price for the additional food, drink, labor and services required. If fewer guests attend or less time is needed, the caterer will still be paid according to the guaranteed minimum guest count and time duration.
Confirmation of the number of guests is required 1 week prior to the date of your event.
If special room set-ups are required, you may incur an additional labor charge.
- Drop and Go – Our staff will deliver your order when you want it and to the room in 105 Gibson Community Center, the rest is up to you. All of the service utensils and containers are disposable.
- Pick Up – We will have your order ready for you to pick up. All of the service utensils and containers are disposable.
An initial deposit of 50% of the final total costs is required to contract the caterer for the event.
Upon cancellation of the caterer’s services within 31 days of the planned event date, a full refund of the deposit will be supplied. If the caterer’s services are cancelled within 11 to 30 days of the event, 50% of the deposit will be refunded. If cancellation notice is given less than 11 days before the event, no refund of the deposit will be supplied. If the cancellation is made the day of the event, the full guarantee number will be billed. (In the event of a cancellation, in which the customer is billed, food to go may not be requested)
We accept cash and cheque.
Terms for payment of the event are the following:
- The quoted final cost, minus the deposit, must be paid on the day of the event.
- Any added costs due to higher than minimum guaranteed guest counts, extra services or additional duration of services will be billed to the client within 5 business days after the event, and must be paid within 20 business days after the event.
- If payment is not received according to the terms of this contract, the caterer reserves the right to charge an additional fair fee.