Thank you for your participation at Sweetie’s Farewell Party on Saturday August 13th! It was well-attended and we raised about $400 in total. About half of the proceed has been donated to the 105 Gibson Ministry and the rest to guide dog school.
Many of us learned tips and tricks about interacting with guide dogs and their owners. We also had lots of snacks and took pictures with Sweetie!
九月份聚會又到啦 ! :
日期 : 9月24日(週六)
時間 : 上午11時
地點 : 多倫多華人基督教會舉行(100 Acadia)，
內容 : 音樂佈道會
We welcome all VIP, family and friends to attend. It is free.
People can contact 647.558.5282 or email@example.com for more info.
• Thank you god, JBVC has the opportunity to serve in Toronto Christian Community Church’s Out of the Cold program. We completed 11 Sundays of packing lunches for the homeless. We prepared over 550 sandwiches! We have 4 VIPS and 3 family members with brothers from the church were in the team. One VIP and one family member were joining for the first time.
• Thank you god we have done the Dinner in the Dark program for the community in March. We have around 50 guests attended the event. Among were pastors, business leaders, politician, friends and family members. They all enjoyed the meal and gained better understanding about blindness. Please click following link to read the review of a guest:
• Thank you god, we have outreached a VIP who has isolated himself over 2 years because of vision lost. We was able to comfort him, invited him to receive training from the café. Praise the Lord; he accepted Christ as his personal Savior when helper was sharing the Gospel with him. Today, he is one of the active members in the Café, attending Sunday service and weekly bible study!
• Thank you God, JBVC is doing the 5KM run in 2016 Scotia Bank Charity Challenge at Mississauga Marathon on Saturday April 30, 2016. It is a fundraising event for JBVC. We have 10 VIPS and over 30 sighted volunteers and family members are participating the 5KM run or walk. We target to raise $20,000.00 for the ministry. We are still far from our goal. Please support us by making the online donation through this link:
• Thank you God, the China Tour association has offered to provide 1 day trip for our VIPS and family members in the summer.
• JBVC is partnering with the VIP Joy Singing group from Taiwan in the weekend of September 30 to October 2, 2016 to host the evangelistic programs in local churches.
• JBVC is planning to host another Dinner in the Dark event in the Falls.
• Pray God to give us the appropriate weather for the 5KM run / walk on Saturday April 30, 2016; protect us from any injury; allow us to enjoy the journey; and enable us to be His witness!
• Pray God to grant Rev. Danny Leung and Directors the wisdom to lead the ministry.
• Pray god to help all VIPS in the Café vocational training program to be His witness and glorify His Name!
• Pray God for the ministry’s financial need
• Pray God for new VIP believer to soon baptize and join church and glorify Him.
• Pray God to bless the upcoming events, one day trip with China tour Association; evangelistic programs with Taiwan’s VIP Joy Singing group; and the Dinner in the Dark event.
Please contact Rev. Danny Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.725.3269 if you require any additional about JBVC.
February meeting is on Saturday February 27, 2016 from 11AM -2:30PM.
The Venue is at 105 Gibson Centre, 105 Gibson Drive, Markham.
This month is group discussion, the theme is on “Adaptation to Blindness”.
Discussion is on Cantonese and Mandarin translation is available upon request.
All participants require to RSVP before Friday February 26, 2016. Please contact us via (647) 558-5282 or email email@example.com to register or request for more information.
Introducing the Exciting Dining experience, all senses will be tantalized as guests are served a three course meal to explore your senses to the fullest! This unique activity is the perfect event for families, groups and corporations to enjoy this exciting “in the dark” opportunity! Event is organized by JBVC.
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us….” (Ephesians 3:20 NIV)
Saturday, January 16, 2016, instructor from City of Markham is conducting the Food Handler course for Cultural Café VIP and volunteers at Toronto Christian Community Church.
Starting on January 17 to March 20, total of 10 Sunday, JBVC is having a team of VIP and helpers are preparing lunches for the homeless in TCCC’s out of the Cold program.
Saturday March 19, 2016, JBVC is organizing a Dinner in the Dark fund raising event at 105 Gibson Centre. The event is open to the public, please contact pastor Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Weekend of April 30, 2016, JBVC will participate in the Scotiabank Mississauga Marathon while raising funds for VIP Ministry. 100% money we raised will go directly to provide services to help visually impaired people. Please support us by forming a team or making donation to JBVC. You can contact pastor Danny for more information at email@example.com.
As we ask God to continue to work through our ministry in 2016—our 10th year of reaching out to visually impaired people (VIP) — would you prayerfully consider the part you will play in changing lives by donating or, if you are already donating, by becoming a regular monthly offering? A JBVC gift in honor of someone you care about makes a difference in the lives of people who are blind or partially sighted, helping those lead active, independent lives. Your donation helps us change lives every day.
Donation can give securely online by clicking here. Or you can also mail donations to:
To all of our supporters, we wish you a safe, happy and bless New Year!
It’s a new year – and thanks to your gifts, there’s much to celebrate! Because of you, we can celebrate the countless ways God is working in and through Joy Beyond Vision Community (JBVC). Last year, we…
Your prayers and gifts often cause us to praise God for His goodness. I thank my God every time I remember you … because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3, 5 NIV)
JBVC has 1 VIP baptized at TCCC in Easter Sunday 2015 and 1 family (VIP and her husband) baptized in MCAC this Christmas!
We began the weekly devotional and prayer session for VIP and volunteer. Scripture are being used to support each thanksgiving and struggle.
JBVC partnership with Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) to run the Braille lessons for VIP. Some VIP in the group is learning Braille for the first time, other are redoing the lessons after giving up for a long time. The skill has allowed VIP to mark their personal items at home or reading labels in the Café.
We also work with a Tai-Chi instructor to offer weekly lesson to VIP. It has become one of the purposes to encourage VIP to step out of their house.
The vocational training program has accepted 4 additional VIP to the Café ministry. Currently we have 7 VIPs are receiving training at the Café in rotating basis. We provided over 5796 training hours in 2015.
The Café ministry is able to offer four part-time positions to VIP. This is their first employment after loosing their eyes sight.