JVBC 喜獲2016年金茶王亞軍！2016年7月16日， 萬錦市新旺角廣場舉辦了“2016國際金茶王大賽-北美區. 我們的港式奶茶絕技得到大家的欣賞， 被評為2016年金茶王亞軍。 感謝主！ 當日精彩回顧。
• Thank you god, JBVC has the opportunity to serve in Toronto Christian Community Church’s Out of the Cold program. We completed 11 Sundays of packing lunches for the homeless. We prepared over 550 sandwiches! We have 4 VIPS and 3 family members with brothers from the church were in the team. One VIP and one family member were joining for the first time.
• Thank you god we have done the Dinner in the Dark program for the community in March. We have around 50 guests attended the event. Among were pastors, business leaders, politician, friends and family members. They all enjoyed the meal and gained better understanding about blindness. Please click following link to read the review of a guest:
• Thank you god, we have outreached a VIP who has isolated himself over 2 years because of vision lost. We was able to comfort him, invited him to receive training from the café. Praise the Lord; he accepted Christ as his personal Savior when helper was sharing the Gospel with him. Today, he is one of the active members in the Café, attending Sunday service and weekly bible study!
• Thank you God, JBVC is doing the 5KM run in 2016 Scotia Bank Charity Challenge at Mississauga Marathon on Saturday April 30, 2016. It is a fundraising event for JBVC. We have 10 VIPS and over 30 sighted volunteers and family members are participating the 5KM run or walk. We target to raise $20,000.00 for the ministry. We are still far from our goal. Please support us by making the online donation through this link:
• Thank you God, the China Tour association has offered to provide 1 day trip for our VIPS and family members in the summer.
• JBVC is partnering with the VIP Joy Singing group from Taiwan in the weekend of September 30 to October 2, 2016 to host the evangelistic programs in local churches.
• JBVC is planning to host another Dinner in the Dark event in the Falls.
• Pray God to give us the appropriate weather for the 5KM run / walk on Saturday April 30, 2016; protect us from any injury; allow us to enjoy the journey; and enable us to be His witness!
• Pray God to grant Rev. Danny Leung and Directors the wisdom to lead the ministry.
• Pray god to help all VIPS in the Café vocational training program to be His witness and glorify His Name!
• Pray God for the ministry’s financial need
• Pray God for new VIP believer to soon baptize and join church and glorify Him.
• Pray God to bless the upcoming events, one day trip with China tour Association; evangelistic programs with Taiwan’s VIP Joy Singing group; and the Dinner in the Dark event.
Please contact Rev. Danny Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.725.3269 if you require any additional about JBVC.
Rev. Danny Leung
JBVC is taking part of Toronto Christian Community Church (TCCC” 2016 Mission Fair!
It is on Sunday March 6, 2016 from 9AM to 1PM at TCCC, 100 Acadia Ave. Markham
Please drop by and say “Hello” to our team!
February meeting is on Saturday February 27, 2016 from 11AM -2:30PM.
The Venue is at 105 Gibson Centre, 105 Gibson Drive, Markham.
This month is group discussion, the theme is on “Adaptation to Blindness”.
Discussion is on Cantonese and Mandarin translation is available upon request.
All participants require to RSVP before Friday February 26, 2016. Please contact us via (647) 558-5282 or email email@example.com to register or request for more information.
Dinner in the Dark 黑暗中夜宴
– Dine Beyond Vision
Introducing the Exciting Dining experience, all senses will be tantalized as guests are served a three course meal to explore your senses to the fullest! This unique activity is the perfect event for families, groups and corporations to enjoy this exciting “in the dark” opportunity! Event is organized by JBVC.
是由樂明社障團舉辦， 是次活動放全黑的環境中進行，參加者事先不會知道餐桌上有甚麼食物， 只能用嗅、味、觸覺去享受晚餐， 既神秘又好玩， 又能細意品嚐食物的真味
Date: Saturday March 19, 2016
Venue: 105 Gibson Centre (south entrance), 105 Gibson Drive, Markham ON.
Time: 6:00p.m. – 9:30p.m.
To reserve your spot please contact rev.Leung at 647.558.5282 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below! Continue reading “Dinner in the Dark”
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us….” (Ephesians 3:20 NIV)
- Saturday, January 16, 2016, instructor from City of Markham is conducting the Food Handler course for Cultural Café VIP and volunteers at Toronto Christian Community Church.
- Starting on January 17 to March 20, total of 10 Sunday, JBVC is having a team of VIP and helpers are preparing lunches for the homeless in TCCC’s out of the Cold program.
- Saturday March 19, 2016, JBVC is organizing a Dinner in the Dark fund raising event at 105 Gibson Centre. The event is open to the public, please contact pastor Danny at email@example.com for more information.
- Weekend of April 30, 2016, JBVC will participate in the Scotiabank Mississauga Marathon while raising funds for VIP Ministry. 100% money we raised will go directly to provide services to help visually impaired people. Please support us by forming a team or making donation to JBVC. You can contact pastor Danny for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we ask God to continue to work through our ministry in 2016—our 10th year of reaching out to visually impaired people (VIP) — would you prayerfully consider the part you will play in changing lives by donating or, if you are already donating, by becoming a regular monthly offering? A JBVC gift in honor of someone you care about makes a difference in the lives of people who are blind or partially sighted, helping those lead active, independent lives. Your donation helps us change lives every day.
Donation can give securely online by clicking here. Or you can also mail donations to:
PO Box 825
4936 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M2N 6S3 Continue reading “Ministry Upcomeing Soon”
To all of our supporters, we wish you a safe, happy and bless New Year!
It’s a new year – and thanks to your gifts, there’s much to celebrate! Because of you, we can celebrate the countless ways God is working in and through Joy Beyond Vision Community (JBVC). Last year, we…
Your prayers and gifts often cause us to praise God for His goodness. I thank my God every time I remember you … because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3, 5 NIV)
- JBVC has 1 VIP baptized at TCCC in Easter Sunday 2015 and 1 family (VIP and her husband) baptized in MCAC this Christmas!
- We began the weekly devotional and prayer session for VIP and volunteer. Scripture are being used to support each thanksgiving and struggle.
- JBVC partnership with Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) to run the Braille lessons for VIP. Some VIP in the group is learning Braille for the first time, other are redoing the lessons after giving up for a long time. The skill has allowed VIP to mark their personal items at home or reading labels in the Café.
- We also work with a Tai-Chi instructor to offer weekly lesson to VIP. It has become one of the purposes to encourage VIP to step out of their house.
- The vocational training program has accepted 4 additional VIP to the Café ministry. Currently we have 7 VIPs are receiving training at the Café in rotating basis. We provided over 5796 training hours in 2015.
- The Café ministry is able to offer four part-time positions to VIP. This is their first employment after loosing their eyes sight.
- Ministry’s volunteers have spent over 2568 volunteer hours to serve over 226 VIPs in 2015. Continue reading “JBVC 2015 Update”
It is always a challenge to invite visually impaired people (VIP) to step out of their home and work. Some of the reasons are having low self-esteem toward themselves for being a visually impaired; lacking of confidence to achieve their dream; and convince that they cannot work and contribute back to the society due to their disability. Continue reading ““I Know What I Want…””
Our monthly meeting for VIP is on Saturday, October 31, 2015.
The venue is at 105 Gibson Centre, 105 Gibson Drive, Markham.
The time is from 11AM to 2:30PM. Continue reading “JBVC October’s Meeting”