To all of our supporters, we wish you a safe, happy and bless New Year!
It’s a new year – and thanks to your gifts, there’s much to celebrate! Because of you, we can celebrate the countless ways God is working in and through Joy Beyond Vision Community (JBVC). Last year, we…
Your prayers and gifts often cause us to praise God for His goodness. I thank my God every time I remember you … because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3, 5 NIV)
- JBVC has 1 VIP baptized at TCCC in Easter Sunday 2015 and 1 family (VIP and her husband) baptized in MCAC this Christmas!
- We began the weekly devotional and prayer session for VIP and volunteer. Scripture are being used to support each thanksgiving and struggle.
- JBVC partnership with Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) to run the Braille lessons for VIP. Some VIP in the group is learning Braille for the first time, other are redoing the lessons after giving up for a long time. The skill has allowed VIP to mark their personal items at home or reading labels in the Café.
- We also work with a Tai-Chi instructor to offer weekly lesson to VIP. It has become one of the purposes to encourage VIP to step out of their house.
- The vocational training program has accepted 4 additional VIP to the Café ministry. Currently we have 7 VIPs are receiving training at the Café in rotating basis. We provided over 5796 training hours in 2015.
- The Café ministry is able to offer four part-time positions to VIP. This is their first employment after loosing their eyes sight.
- Ministry’s volunteers have spent over 2568 volunteer hours to serve over 226 VIPs in 2015.
Above were some of the highlights that your prayers and gifts have made them happened! Thanks for making 2015 such a great year. I’m so grateful to have you as a partner in ministry – and I can’t wait to see how many people we’ll impact with God’s Word in 2016!